Thursday, August 21, 2008

Time for a New Post

I'll admit it's been a while since I've written anything here. Not that I haven't thought about it, but that's about as far as it seems to get. I always get great ideas for posts while I'm in the shower, or driving, or doing anything that makes it totally inconvenient to write it down, and later when I'm sitting in front of the computer, all those great ideas are no where to be found.

Whenever I sit to compose, a few things happen. As soon as I start to type, that's when the interruptions start. Princess needs a piece of paper. She usually climbs on my desk and somehow standing just next to the keyboard manages to get the paper and then climbs back down. This is usually followed by another expedition to climb up again and get a pencil. Only the pencils are in a coffee cup in the cabinet just above my head. So I stop and help her, if only to save myself from a serious head wound.

I begin to type again, slightly irritated but still hopeful I can get this finished. It's but less than a minute when one of the boys comes over to tell me a lengthy story, of which cannot wait until I'm finished. I patiently turn from the computer and listen as he goes on and on (and on and on....) until I've completely forgotten what it was I came to write.

So I get a new cup of coffee and sit down to start again. As soon as I get a few letters on the page, the other boy comes in to ask where x,y,z (insert any item) is. Then I get up and find it and sit back down. Start to type. The dogs spot something out the window and start going nuts, barking and jumping around.

I get up again to find out what is causing all the commotion. A man walking his dog, which happens every day but just happens to happen right now while I'm trying to type.

While I'm away from the computer, the kids decide they want to use it, so they sit down and close out my window (of course, it isn't saved, but there wasn't much there anyway)

I know, do you see where this is going?

If blogging is an exercise in frustration, then I would get an "A".

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Gosh, this is me too! I can compose all sorts of funny and clever things in my head, and then when I sit down to finally type it, time is of the essence and it doesn't come out how I wanted. Oh well!