Friday, September 5, 2008

Fun Children's Rooms

In the fall, I always feel like turning my attention to the inside of the house. We have been working on outside projects with landscaping and painting the exterior all summer, and I need a change of pace. I decided to start gathering ideas for the kid's rooms so we can finish them by this spring.

I went to the library last week and checked out some great books for ideas.

This is what I want to do in my older son's room-- doesn't this look cool? This is from the book, "Kids Rooms, Pottery Barn Kids":


Not only does it look great but it's educational as well!



For my Princess, I would love to incorporate some of these ideas:

I love doing fun things in my kids' rooms, since I didn't have a cool bedroom as a kid. I shared a very small room with my sister. We had a trundle bed to save on space. The walls had gold and avocado flower wallpaper which I hated so I tried to cover it with pictures of horses and posters of Leif Garrett, Shaun Cassidy, Robby Benson and Matt Dillon from Tiger Beat magazine (does that age me or what?)

Here is a great idea that I can't wait to try:

Here's furniture that you can actually write on! So cool! I have wanted to try the chalkboard paint for a long time.

If you need inspiration and great ideas, go to your public library and look for this and other home decorating books. I used to buy these but they do go out of style eventually. It's easier to just make a copy of what you like and keep it in an idea binder.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I love Pottery Barn kids. I get their catalogs. Nothing I can afford but great idea starters! I love the chalkboard table.