Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thoughts about the Inauguration

Yes, definitely historic.

I didn't vote for him, but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the enormity of having seen the first African American elected and sworn in as President of the United States.

I wish, though that the emphasis would be less on the color of his skin and more on his politics.

I pray that Freedom of Choice Act does not pass.

I did notice a few things-- such as when he tripped over his lines during his swearing in. Of all words, faithfully, is the one that caused him a bit of trouble. I thought it was *interesting*

I also noticed the discrepancy when he referred to "the slaughtering of innocents" yet was not talking about unborn children.

There is still hope, but I'm not letting go of my rosary beads anytime soon.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I know...I'm going to write about my thoughts too.