Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Glass is Half Full?

When I asked the boys to come out and help pick up the dog poo off the lawn, I was met with groaning and complaining. One of them says, "I don't like picking it up, it's really gross." "And it stinks." "And it's squishy." (we use gloves, in case you were wondering about the last comment) I started explaining that this is all part and parcel of owning a dog, and along with the fun comes the work part. A lecture that went completely over his head.

The other one, trying to be positive and help me to get his brother on board with us, says, "Don't think of it as dog poo. Think of it as recycled dog food."

1 comment:

Lesley said...

LOL! That's a great comment! My dad always called them dog logs and would say he was going "logging" in the back yard.