Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Real Presence


Yesterday, I posted 12 reasons for going to Adoration. The list came from the site, The Real Presence.org which has a nice section on printable materials for Eucharistic Adoration. I especially liked the Children's section on Eucharistic Miracles, because my children really love hearing these stories that so literally illustrate the reality that the Consecrated Host is the Body of Christ.

You can read about the Eucharistic Miracle of Trani, which is one of my son's favorites, here as a PDF file. The Eucharistic Miracle of Trani.

I know that the subject of Eucharistic miracles has always fascinated me, and as well, my children. One of the more exhaustive and interesting of the books written about these is Joan Carroll Cruz's book, Eucharistic Miracles. I have this book and have read it and reread it. It never ceases to amaze me how God has made this truth of our faith, the Eucharist and the Real Presence known through such miracles.

Bringing children in for Adoration is something all Catholic parents should do, even if for only a few moments. It is so important that children learn that Jesus is Real, He is with us ("I will be with you always, until the end of the age") and He dwells in a special way in the Eucharist. Jesus tells us, "Let the children come to Me."

There is a section at The Real Presence for Adoration for the Young, which has many great resources, ideas, printables, meditations and other information. An invaluable resource!

No comments: