Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fun Fun Fun Till Her Daddy Takes Her T Bird Awaay

I just thought that would be a fun title. It really has nothing to do with my post, except that any Beach Boys tune reminds me of summer. I really love summer! My favorite things are sipping iced tea; sitting on the front porch; going to garden stores; planting; going places. Summer is a time for enjoying a slower pace and just taking time to relax.

In the spirit of summer, I decided to join two more blog fairs, in addition to BooMama's Before and After, I have just joined the Summer Reading Groupies group (check out the button on the sidebar, and go join too!) I never venture anywhere without having a book in hand. My motto is "Too many books, too little time!" I just finished reading The Phantom Tollbooth, having never read it before. I was previewing it for my fifth grader, and just fell in love with it. I hope he likes it as much as I did!

I also joined Katydiddy's Whimsical Children's Rooms Blog Party. Doesn't that sound like a lot of fun? I thought so! For the longest time, we have wanted to do some spiffing up in the kids' rooms. We are starting with our son's room, and have been really inspired visiting the local craft store. His room is unique because he has the turret room. There is no closet, but Busy Woodshop Hubby is busy making a beautiful armoire for this room (I can't guarantee that the armoire will be finished by the deadline, however!) Yesterday we began the transformation and on July 11th, we will reveal the new look! So far it is looking great! Come back and see the final result, if all goes well, it should be a great idea that can be used in any kidspace.

No comments: