Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wanted: Experienced Juggler

I need some help in the multi-tasking department. Instead, something had to take a back seat and it was the blog. If you notice, the last time I posted it was a week ago.

In the beginning of the week, I had quite a bit of busy work to do. First, I had to plan the menu and shopping for our Easter dinner, which we held on Saturday since my sister couldn't come on Sunday. We opted for a traditional and simple Easter feast, which included a spiral sliced ham, cheesy mashed potatoes, asparagus, a tossed salad and a cute bunny cake decorated by our five year old.

In order for us to have a place to eat the Easter dinner, it was necessary for me to clean off the dining room table. Trust me when I say that this is not an easy job. Because we only use this room for special occasions, the rest of the time the table gets used for junk piling. Whenever I come into the house with extra papers, bags, boxes, you name it-- it goes on the dining room table and is promptly forgotten about. I am always amazed at how quickly the clutter piles up and becomes out of control. I can clutter up the entire 102" long table. A talent of which I should not be so proud.

Then, I went to the salon for a much-needed hair appointment. It has been almost a year since I last had it cut. My new stylist is fabulous! She made my hair do things that is scientifically impossible. The layers made it look much thicker than it really is, and the curls stayed put all day long! I just wish I could style it the way she did.

The doggies also had their spa day. They needed to have their coats trimmed since they have begun shedding and I don't like to vacuum every single day.

Then we had some outdoor sprucing and gardening to do. The weeds have started to grow with a vengeance, and since we had a couple of nice sunny days, we took advantage of the weather and got busy. We mowed, weeded, fertilized, and had the roof sprayed for moss. Then, we went to the store and bought some containers for planting. So far we have planted strawberries and tomatoes.

I sent our Easter Mass cards out to the grandparents. I always get them from the Missionary Oblates. I love their cards! For a small donation, I usually get a rosary as well. I have quite a collection of Oblate rosaries. They are great for giving or keeping.

I shopped around and found a cute little Easter outfit for the princess, a pink gingham dress with a cute little sweater to match. I forgot how much I love gingham. My mom used to dress us in it when we were little. It is just adorable.

While I was shopping, I picked up the Easter basket goodies. My children understand the meaning of Easter but it is fun having a basket to come home to after the Easter morning Mass.

So there was the first half of my week. Busy, busy, until Holy Thursday, when we tried to slow things down a bit.

On Friday, we ended the school week with shadow Stations which the 7th graders did an awesome job on. I ended up staying for both performances. In between I happened to remember that Friday was the first day of the Divine Mercy Novena, so I said the chaplet while I waited. In the spirit of Good Friday, we kept our electronics and tv off, to spend time in quiet reflection.

On Saturday, we had a birthday party to go to and then home to cook and serve our Easter dinner. The day went by really fast. Early Sunday morning we all went to Mass, then out for breakfast and the book store, where I stocked up on gardening magazines and a new cookbook. That was my Easter treat!

We spent the rest of Sunday relaxing and watching the rain fall. We had our Easter egg hunt inside the house!

Hoping that your Holy week and Easter were wonderful!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Whew! Busy busy indeed! I want to see pics of your hair and Princess in her dress! I'm glad you had such a wonderful week and Easter. I love your new blog design and header too. Your house is beautiful.