Friday, March 20, 2009

Update on the RSVP Post

The RSVP deadline was Wednesday. By Tuesday night, I had only two responses: one who couldn't make it and one who could. I was thinking that I might need to change the plans from a party to a private lesson. I called the pony lady to see what she could do. As luck would have it, she wasn't there at the time, so I left a message. Immediately after that I got another RSVP, this one a yes. I was up to three now but it got better. This lady has twins, the other daughter is in the other kindergarten class. I told her to bring them both. So, I was up to 5 kids (including my daughter) I went from thinking we might have to cancel to thinking it would work out. That afternoon, I called all the remaining parents and left messages. I heard back from most of them and, including siblings, we have a full house with 12 kids coming. The best part is that there is only a 40% chance of rain tomorrow. It's been a really rainy and wet week so I don't know what to expect. But I'm so happy that we have enough kids to have a party! Let's hope for some sunshine tomorrow, at least from 1-2:30.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Oh good. I'm glad you have a good group for the party. So you're going horse back riding? I was just thinking that that's what we might do for Nat's 7th. Most stables around here have a minimum age of 7 for riders and she has wanted to do it for years.